PSPS APP Webinar Series: Multidisciplinary Pain Management
Enduring Materials Online Webinar Recording June 17, 2021-June 17, 2022
Activity Description and Statement of Need
Pain management and Interventional pain management are quickly growing fields in medicine. Emerging science and treatment options for patient care are growing rapidly and it is important for clinicians specializing in this field of medicine to know, understand and evaluate available options to be able to continue to provide the best treatment options and quality of care for patients. It is vitally important for clinicians to understand best practices and practice guidelines to ensure that they are offering the best care, remaining in compliance to lessen exposure and liability while still ensuring access to care and the best treatment outcomes for patients.
This certified CME activity will unite pain practitioners and advanced practice providers from the Pacific States (California, Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Alaska). Our goal is to demonstrate best practices to improve the quality of care and treatment outcomes for chronic pain patients.
Upon completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Review a multimodal approach to pharmaceutical therapy
- Integrate safe opioid therapy guidelines into treatment plans for patients with non-cancer related pain
- Identify basic spine anatomy
- Identify indications for spine procedures
- Identify how spine procedures are performed
- Correlate clinical presentation, physical exam and pertinent imaging findings
- Recall Behavioral techniques to treat chronic pain
Jointly Provided by Evolve Medical Education, LLC and Mantra Meetings.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Evolve Medical Education, LLC; Mantra Meetings; and the Pacific Spine and Pain Society (PSPS). Evolve Medical Education, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Evolve Medical Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To Obtain Credit
To obtain credit for this activity, you must complete the activity in its entirety; register or log onto Evolve Medical Education website: https://evolvemeded.com and complete the Activity Evaluation/Satisfaction Measures Form at https://evolvemeded.com/course/2105-3_archive. Upon completing the activity and self-assessment test, you may print a CME certificate. Credit is provided through July 1, 2022.
In the event you have questions about this activity or are unable to retrieve the certificate, please email email@example.com.
It is the policy of Evolve that faculty and other individuals who are in the position to control the content of this activity disclose any real or apparent conflicts of interest relating to the topics of this educational activity. Evolve has full policies in place that will identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to this educational activity.
The following faculty/staff members have the following financial relationships with commercial interests:
- Stephen D. Coleman, MD, has no financial relationships to disclose.
- Melissa Delamora, APN, has no financial relationships to disclose.
- Jane E. Hartigan, PA-C, has no financial relationships to disclose.
- Lisa R. Kroopf, MD, and/or spouse/partner has had a financial agreement or affiliation during the past year with the following commercial interest in the form of Consultant: Boston Scientific, Abbott Laboratories.
- Denis G. Patterson, DO, and/or spouse/partner has had a financial agreement or affiliation during the past year with the following commercial interest in the form of Consultant: Abbot, AIS, Allergan, Amgen, CornerLoc, Flowonix, Lundbeck, Saluda, Spark Biomedical, Vertos Medical; Grant/Research Support: Abbott, Flowonix, Nevro, Saluda Medical; Speaker's Bureau: Abbott, Allergan, Amgen, CornerLoc, Flowonix, Lundbeck, Vertos Medical; Shareholder: CornerLoc.
- Ravi Prasad, PhD, and/or spouse/partner has had a financial agreement or affiliation during the past year with the following commercial interest in the form of Shareholder: Bicycle Health.
- Vafi Salmasi, MD, and/or spouse/partner has had a financial agreement or affiliation during the past year with the following commercial interest in the form of Consultant: Biotronik, Applied VR.
- Samir J. Sheth, MD, and/or spouse/partner has had a financial agreement or affiliation during the past year with the following commercial interest in the form of Consultant: Boston Scientific and Medtronic; Speaker's Bureau: Boston Scientific and Medtronic.
The Evolve staff/planners, Mantra Meetings staff/planners have no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Michael Y. Oh, MD, peer reviewer, has no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
The views and opinions expressed in this educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of Evolve, Mantra Meetings, Pacific Spine and Pain Society (PSPS).